Sunday, November 14, 2004

DJ Steen on Radio Nthn Beaches

I got home from the city at about midnight on Friday night (or Saturday morning to be technical). Went to bed at about 0100hrs.

I awoke on Saturday morning around 0815hrs and then was driven to Belrose at 10mins to 0900hrs. It was the day I was getting some radio trainning at Radio Northern Beaches.

There was a group 8 people including me; 3 women aged 45+, 1 man aged 40+ with a daughter in grade 8, A father of 1 aged 24, A young woman aged 20, and moi.. aged 7.

We had soo much fun learning about the radio industry and then putting it to use in the temporary studios they have. They're getting brand new studios built which will be attached to the Belrose RSL. We got to play with the equipment in a studio that wasn't being used. We finished by going on air and interviewing one and other. Boy is it fun! I'm going to become a member of Radio Nthn Beaches and get a one hour time slot to do all my crazy stuff!

If I'm allowed I'll let my friends come in and I'll chat with them for the hour (at this station there are only hour programs, fine by me) I'm on air.

It's going to be sooo fun! -- I'm going to try and make a funny program like The Paul Murray Show on Nova969.

I'll let you know when I'm on air blogwatchers!

Radio Northern Beaches can be heard on frequencies 88.7FM and 90.3FM along the Northern Beaches of Sydney (although I can't pick it up in Davidson).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home