Saturday, April 09, 2005

USA (Santa Barbara 2)

Last night Jackie and I headed to bed at about 10:30pm but then there was the Cable TV right in front of us. After flicking through about 100 channels we watched "Wild Boyz" (A wildlife version of "Jackass" - We have it on Foxtel in Australia). Then after that was over at about midnight we decided it was time for sleep. But I was soo bored! I decided to message people in Australia as it was around dinner time there. Then Jackie and I started to attack each other (pulling hair etc etc) to get extra tired and collapse and sleep. It kinda worked.

We woke up at 12:30pm. I set a cell phone 'wake up' reminder set for 8am but I turned my cell off before bed and they don't activate if the phone is off. Thus, the extra long sleep-in. I don't normally sleep-in that late in Australia.

Anywho.. today we went to Montecito. It's a nice nice part of Santa Barbara. Lots of clothing stores for maturely aged women. Nice cars roaming about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAHA! We're watching DirectTV (cable tv) and there was just and ad that went along the lines of: "Teenagers that eat with the family at dinner time are less likely to drink alcohol or take drugs." Jackie and I cracked up laughing.
Another thing we've noticed with ads over here is that alot of celebrities are in them. One funny one is that cartoons like Marge Simpson, the wife from the Jetsons, and the wife from The Flinstones.. they all are on ads for Dove shampoo. With their hair looking way better than it does on their respective tv shows.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving back to what I was talking about. This evening we went to a resturant called "Cava", once again, in Montecito. Gail (mom's friend whom we're staying with in this niiice house) said that celebrities often come to this resturant. The food was great! Jackie and I drew with crayons on the brown paper table cover. Billy's Mercedes S-Class that we got there and back in is sooo nice!

I'm constantly being distracted my "The Fresh Prince" which is on Cable. So I may as well go watch it. That's about all that's happened today anyway. Until tomorrow... or the next day. Cheerio my darlings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home